Bicycle crunch/ Air bikes exercise does not require any equipment to perform.
How to do an air bikesNine steps and you must to perform an Air bikes.
- Get yourself laid on the exercising floor with your back straight, knees bent and feet resting flat on the floor.
- Position your both hands slightly on either sides of your head.
- Move your torso in the upward direction such that your shoulders are raised up in the air.
- Starting position: Raise your knees up in the air to the extent that your thighs make a right angle with the floor and your calves are exactly parallel to the floor.
- Now, Start paddling your legs, as if you’re riding a bicycle in the air.
- Final position: Exhale your breath and crunch your left elbow towards the right knee and then your right elbow towards the left knee.
- Return to the initial/starting position after each crunch.
- Without a halt, crunch to the other side.
- Repeat the above steps without pausing. You can do as many reps as your body allows (workouttrends.com)
Tips before performing an air bikes
- Don't move faster but move slowly and concentrated. Feel the contraction in your abdominals evertytime you do the repetitions.
- Don't pull with your hands to create momentum, cause it can hurt your back. Your hands are only behind your head to support your neck and head.
- If you can easily do more than 50 repetitions, you are probably not concentrating on the abdominal contraction enough, move to fast or rest on your upper back after every repetition.